According to the Pro’s at SEO Perth Pro, SEO is now a focus of most online businesses as they compete to have their content shown on top of the search lists.
Here are some necessities for successful Search Engine Optimization:
- Name Your Blog Appropriately
The name of your blog is, in itself, an opportunity to make it SEO friendly. Blogs that have very long or even extremely short titles are near useless. Blog titles should effectively convey to the reader what will be discussed and simultaneously entice them into reading the post.
Ask yourself these simple questions to help you come up with a good title:
- Who are my target audience?
- What is the recurring theme of this blog?
- How can I describe this blog considering the industry it is focused on?
- Is there a possibility of using the SEO keywords in the name or title?
A good, descriptive yet short, title focused on a particular theme will cause an increase in organic traffic. For example, a travel website has a “Must Visit Destinations 2018” blog that discusses the best places, as suggested by travelers, on their website.
Always remember that if you’re struggling to come up with a title for your blog, include the main keyword that you are targeting and let the rest flow accordingly.
- Target Each Post to A Specific Segment
Each blog post that you write should be targeted towards a specific audience. This enables more optimized content to be created by the marketers for select target customers and the keywords are related to their needs and/or solutions.
An example would be writing a post about Horticulture to target gardeners and lawn enthusiasts.
- Take Another Look at Your URL
Website visitors and marketers benefit from naming an effective URL, this way result reporting becomes easier. Without including ‘/blog/’ in your URL, you will find it very complicated to track your blogs’ progress in analytics.
Sometimes, marketers tend to include each word from the title of the blog into the URL. Not only does this make the URL long but also complex.
Always try to make the URL of your blog relevant, short and also descriptive. This can be aided by leaving the conjunctions out.
Example of undesirable URL:
- Keep optimizing your content
Recycling is as beneficial for Search Engine Optimization as it is for the environment. It is not always necessary to add new content to your website to improve SEO. You can implement on-page SEO by identifying the right opportunities and reviewing the content already present. Here are some techniques that can help revive your existing content:
- Include links internally to various pages on your website.
- Optimize current pages or add optimized images.
- Review the meta descriptions and title tags to make sure that keywords are incorporated.
- Link related posts to one another.
Blogs are the easiest and quickest ways to enhance content on your website and lead to better SEO results.