In life, one should never forget to take time out – and just relax. Even though many people travel to Bali for the nightlife or the surfing, this only touches the tip of what this lovely country has to offer. If you are feeling exhausted or just in need of some TLC, a retreat might be just the thing for you. And be sure to get one of the Bali villas available so you have the room to spread out in a quiet house, rather than being crammed into one hotel room. That is also a great way to relax and enjoy your holiday.
There are many different kinds of retreats in Bali, from spa and massage treatment through to Yoga, acupuncture and Ayurvedic treatments. You can book in for a few hours, a few days or a week if you have the time and inclination. Some retreats offer plant based cuisine and other regimes to make you healthier. Here are just a few of the retreats that Bali offers.
- Active Escapes for the person who would get bored with just sunning themselves on a chaise after their massage. Here you can go horse riding, shopping, swimming or take a cooking class, as well as the usual things such as spas and massage. The best thing? You control your participation level at all times.
- The Chill House is similar, but includes Yoga, cycling and surfing as well as an amazingly healthy eating plan with organic meals. Body and soul treatments are offered as well.
- Desa Seni in Canggu is strictly for Yoga fans. They hold 6 Yoga classes a day for all levels and types of Yoga. You can even train as a teacher. Vegetarian foods are offered by the cafe.
- Designed by women for women and with 80% of clientele solo women, Escape Haven offers a great deal to those looking for a great retreat. You stay for a week, choosing one of the 3 packages available. Detox, healing, meditation and fitness are all options along with surfing, Yoga and other niceties. Luxury is the watchword here.
- Fivelements is a more spiritual retreat, offering participants healing through some of Bali’s ancient traditions. It is an eco friendly retreat set by the Ayung River. Ideal for those who like a bit of mysticism along with their pampering.
- Goddess Retreat is for women only and includes surf, Yoga and other wellness rituals. You can find inner and outer balance, learn new skills and have lots of fun as well.
There are many more retreats available that all offer a relaxed holiday atmosphere with wellness rituals of some kind. Some go for Yoga and meditation while others prefer to explore the inner self with music and dance. What they have in common is the desire to help you unwind and relax and that in itself is worth going for.